In Kodi it is normal to perform some backup in case we have to reinstall Kodi, update or present problems. In previous articles we mentioned the tutorial of how create a backup in Kodi but locally, that is, save the backup in the device itself. On this occasion we will explain the procedure of how to do a Kodi backup in Dropbox .
| You may be interested in: Â The Best Addons for Kodi 2018 [MÃ¡s de 80 Addons]
To follow the tutorial it is necessary to have previously installed addon Backup . The tutorial explains how to perform the installation in Kodi 16 and 17 works with all platforms, if you have questions you can leave them in the comments at the end of the article or in any of our social networks. If you want to support the Mundo Kodi project you can click here .
As users of Kodi we recommend the use of IPVanish VPN to have full access to all addons as Exabyte TV TecnoTV Bassfox Adryanlist among others, including those that work with torrents such as Plexus Â Quasar Convenant or Aspect .Â Â Compatible with multiple platforms such as Android, Amazon Fire TV (Stick), Windows, Mac, iOS, among others.
One of the biggest benefits when using IPVanish VPN are:
> Complete privacy and anonymity when browsing the Internet and in Kodi
> Compatible with multiple platforms
> Eliminates Geo-blocking
> Support 24/7/365
> Â Up to 5 simultaneous devices with a single account
> Special price for users of Mundo Kodi
> Satisfaction guaranteed or your money back
For more information you can take a look at this article
How to Create a Kodi Backup in Dropbox
The steps to perform the installation are the following:
1. We opened the browser and entered our account Dropbox where backups will be stored
Remember that to follow the tutorial it is necessary to have previously installed the backup addon – TUTORIAL
2. We select the ellipsis in the lower right and we give in Developers
3. We give in Create your app
4. We selected
– Dropbox API
– Full Dropbox
– We enter a name
– We accept the terms
– We give in Create app
5. After that we copied the App Key and the App Secret
6. Now we open Kodi and select Add-ons
7. We are located in Add-ons for programs Â we open the contextual menu and we give in Configuration
To open the contextual menu we must leave the selection button pressed for 2 seconds in the backup addon
8. We are located in Remote Directory
Remote Route Type: Dropbox
Dropbox Key: we paste the app key
Dropbox secret: ] we paste the secret app
and we select Authorize Now
9. We will see the box with a URL, enter it from the browser
10. Once entered into the URL we will see the window, we give in Allow
11. It will provide us with a code, we copy it
12. We return to Kodi and enter the code
13. Now the message will appear Dropbox is authorized
14. After that we went back to the Program complements and selected Backup
15. We selected Backup
16. The backup will begin to take place
17. Once finished we can see the backup in our account of Dropbox
18. Ready! The Kodi backup in Dropbox will be done correctly.
Note: It may be that the backups are slower in Dropbox since you have to upload the information to the cloud, the speed to perform the backup also varies from our device, the amount of addons installed and the speed of internet that we have. If we notice that it is too late we can do a scheduled backup, more details in the configuration of the backup addon.
We hope that the tutorial "How to create a backup of Kodi in Dropbox" has been helpful, remember that you can support us to stay online by making a donation for paypal Â (or to the donate button) Â oÂ by clicking on the links .
Note: Mundo Kodi is not responsible for any damage, loss of time or information when trying this tutorial, all this is only with the intention of informing, all the content used for the tutorials is taken from information that circulates on the Internet. Kodi World as well as all the material here mentioned in this site are not official Kodi or XBMC Foundation please do not make complaints or claims in the official Kodi forum. We are also not linked to any IPTV / streaming private device or service vendor, all content mentioned in Mundo Kodi is free unless otherwise indicated.